Pacific Sports & Spine Fellowship Program
Thank you for your interest in the Pacific Sports and Spine Fellowship Program. Our mission is to fully prepare future specialists for the demands of private practice in interventional spine, sports and musculoskeletal medicine. At Pacific Sports and Spine, you will have the chance to work with triple-certified specialists in sports medicine, interventional pain management, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. Meet the physician faculty and read our fellowship testimonials.
About the Program
We train one new fellow each year; each fellowship begins in July. Our twelve-month program includes individual didactic sessions, case conferences and direct outpatient care. Fellows are constantly challenged and encouraged to enhance their competency in patient care skills, medical knowledge, interpersonal skills, professionalism, practice-based learning and systems-based practice. Fellows are taught many cutting-edge procedures, such as Superion, Intracept and Iovera®—procedures only performed by a handful of physicians nationally. We are not offering ACGME-accredited positions.
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacral Radiofrequency Ablation
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Epidural Injections
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Facet Injections
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Intradiscal Procedures
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Medial Branch Blocks
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar Selective Nerve Root Injections
- Intracept (Basivertebral Nerve Ablation)
- Regenerative Medicine
- Sacroiliac Joint Injections
- Spinal Cord Stimulation/Dorsal Root Ganglion Stimulation
- Ultrasound and Fluoroscopic Guided Peripheral Joint Injections
Requirements for consideration for the PSS fellowship include:
- Completion of an accredited North American Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation residency
- Oregon Licensure and DEA license; these need to be current, prior to your fellowship start date
- Confirmation of successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) prior to program acceptance
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from your residency program director
Interviews will be offered between May 1 and July 31, as completed applications are received. After an application is reviewed, we will invite selected applicants for an on-site interview for one full day. We encourage applicants to spend some additional time exploring our wonderful city.